Data Protection & Privacy
Data Protection & Privacy
- Name and contact details of the controller responsible for processing and of the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the data processing by:
HET Elastomertechnik GmbH
Hagenauer Straße 53
T: +49 (0)611 50 40 29 10
F: +49 (0)611 50 40 29 30
HET Elastomertechnik GmbH has appointed Mr.
Mario Hannappel, Dipl. Medienwirt
Bahnhofstraße 9, 65549 Limburg a. d. Lahn
as the company data protection officer.
- Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of their use
2a. When visiting the website
When you access our website www.het-group.com, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in what is known as a log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- the browser used and the operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your access provider, if applicable,
- computer architecture of your computer,
- HTTP status code for each access.
We process the data specified above for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection of our website,
- to ensure convenient use of our website,
- to evaluate system security and stability
- and for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is derived from the purposes of data collection listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as a person.
- When using our contact form
If you have questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using a form provided on our website. This requires a valid email address, name and subject, so that we know who the request comes from and are able to respond to it. Additional information can be provided on a voluntary basis.
When you contact us by email or by using our contact form, we store the data you provide in order to answer your questions and, if applicable, to send you information material regarding your questions. The data is stored in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent or in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 letter b of the GDPR and serves to establish contractual or pre-contractual contact. We will delete the data arising in this connection within three months, provided that no contractual relationship is established. After the conclusion of a contractual relationship, data will be deleted after the end of the contractual relationship, provided that there are no legal storage obligations, such as those under Section 147 of the German Fiscal Code (AO), that preclude deletion.
- When using our contact email address
Alternatively, it is possible to contact us using the email address provided. In this case, the user’s personal data transmitted with the email will be stored. No data will be passed on to third parties in this context. The data will be used exclusively for processing the conversation.
The legal basis for the processing of the data transmitted in the course of sending an email is Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f of the GDPR. If the email contact targets the conclusion of a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Article 6 paragraph letter b of the GDPR. In the case of contact by email, the processing of the contact inquiry also implies the necessary legitimate interest for the processing of the data.
The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary for the purpose of its collection, that is, as soon as the conversation has ended and the matter in question has been conclusively resolved.
- Transfer of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a of the GDPR,
- the transfer is necessary in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f of the GDPR to protect our legitimate interests and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not passing on your data,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter c of the GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required under Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter b of the GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we obtain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already visited us and which entries and settings you made so that you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is required for the above-mentioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f of the GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, completely deactivating cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
- Analysis tools and plug-ins
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics uses something called cookies. Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer and make it possible to analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
The storage of Google Analytics cookies is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f of the GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user behavior in order to optimize both its website and its advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymization function on this website. This means that your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before it is transmitted to the USA. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with any other data from Google.
Right to object to data collection
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This will set an opt-out cookie that will prevent the collection of your information on future visits to this site:
Commissioned data processing
We have entered into a contract with Google for commissioned data processing and fully comply with the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
Demographic characteristics in Google Analytics
This website uses the “demographic features” function of Google Analytics. This enables reports to be generated that contain information about the age, gender and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising by Google and from visitor data of third parties. This data cannot be attributed to any specific person. You can disable this feature at any time by changing the ad settings in your Google Account, or generally prohibit Google Analytics from collecting your information as described in the “Opt-out from data collection” section.
This website uses Google Maps to display interactive maps and provide directions. Google Maps is a map service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Through the use of Google Maps, information about the use of this website, including your IP address and the (starting) address entered in the route planner function, may be transmitted to Google in the USA. When you access a section of our website containing Google Maps, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Google servers. The map content is transmitted by Google directly to your browser and integrated into the website by it. Consequently, we have no influence on the extent of the data collected by Google in this manner. To the best of our knowledge, this includes at least the following data:
- the date and time of the visit to the website in question,
- the internet address or URL of the website accessed,
- the IP address, the (starting) address entered during route planning,
We have no influence on the further processing and use of the data by Google and therefore cannot accept any responsibility for this. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
By using our website, you agree to the processing of the data collected about you by Google Maps Route Planner in the manner described above and for the aforementioned purpose. The use of Google Maps is also in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online services and to make it easy to find the places we have specified on the website. This represents a legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f of the GDPR.
- Social media
Our social media presence is designed to ensure the widest possible presence on the internet. This is a legitimate interest within the meaning of Article 6 paragraph 1 letter f of the GDPR. The analysis processes initiated by the social networks may be based on different legal bases, which must be stated by the operators of the social networks (for example consent within the meaning of Article 6 paragraph 1 letter a of the GDPR).
Controller and assertion of rights
If you visit one of our social media sites (such as Facebook), we are jointly responsible together with the operator of the social media platform for the data processing processes initiated during this visit. You can fundamentally assert your rights (right of access, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, data portability and the right to file a complaint) both against us and against the operator of the respective social media portal (against Facebook, for instance).
Please note that despite the shared responsibility with the social media portal operators, we do not have full influence on the data processing procedures of the social media portals. Our options depend largely on the corporate policy of the respective provider.
The data collected directly by us using our social media channels will be deleted from our systems as soon as the purpose for storing it no longer applies, you instruct us to delete it, you revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Stored cookies remain on your end device until you delete them. Mandatory legal provisions, in particular storage periods, remain unaffected.
The specific social networks we use
We have a profile on Facebook. The provider and operator is Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. Facebook is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. We use our Facebook fan page to provide information about us and our products and services. And of course also to get in touch with and communicate with Facebook users. The technical data processing is carried out by Facebook. In this regard, we refer to Facebook’s data privacy statement (https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation). However, according to the case law of the European Court of Justice, it is possible that we may be joint controllers for parts of our Facebook fan page with Facebook. This processing is then carried out on the basis of a joint controller agreement, which can be accessed here (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum ). You have the option of adjusting your advertising settings yourself in your user account. To do so, click on the following link and log in: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads
For details, please see Facebook's data policy: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
We have a profile on LinkedIn. The provider and operator is LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. LinkedIn is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. LinkedIn uses advertising cookies.
If you want to disable LinkedIn advertising cookies, please use the following link: Https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Rights of the data subject
You have the right
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR (right of access). In particular, you may request information on the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection to such processing, the existence of a right to file a complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details of such data.
- You have the right to demand the immediate rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR (right to rectification).
- You have the right to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us under Article 17 of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (right to erasure/right to be forgotten).
- You have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data on the basis of Article 18 of the GDPR (right to restriction of processing), if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you object to its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you still need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have submitted an objection to the processing on the basis of Article 21 of the GDPR (right to object).
- You have the right to receive your personal data you have provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR or to request that it be transferred to another controller (right to data portability).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us at any time pursuant to Article 7 paragraph 3 of the GDPR. As a result, we may no longer continue data processing in the future based on this consent.
- You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority under Article 77 of the GDPR. In general, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or the location of our company headquarters for this purpose.
- The right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f of the GDPR, under Article 21 of the GDPR (right to object) you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons arising from your particular situation or if the objection is directed at direct marketing. You have a general right of objection in the latter case, which we will apply without receiving details of a specific situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to withdraw or object, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data security
We use the widely established SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure when you visit our website, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Generally, this is a 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form by the closed depiction of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are being continuously improved in keeping with technological developments.
- Currentness and amending of this data privacy and protection policy
It may become necessary to amend this data privacy and protection policy as a result of the further development of our website and offers on it or due to changes in legal or official requirements. You can access and print out the current data privacy and protection policy on our website at any time.